Internship Opportunities at Silver Horse Retreat
We are currently looking for interns who want to come and live and work onsite for a month.
If you are interested and want to experience:
*alternative equine therapy
*an equine business who put their horse's needs first
*nature, outdoors, elements
*a way of living and being with horses harmoniously
and fit these requirements:
* physically fit and healthy (can muck out eight horses daily)
* used to being outdoors such as camping and living off grid
* not dependant on drugs or alcohol (while onsite no drugs, alcohol or anything that impairs judgment and decision making).
* genuinely interested in how horses can support humans in feeling better without being ridden
* Ok with being alone for several days
* open to alternative therapy
It is not necassary to be able to drive or have a car while being here. We can arrange a pick up and drop off from San Diego airport. It is also not reqiured that you have a lot of horse experience.
What is required:
Your job as an intern is to take care of the eight horses daily which includes:
additional errands and chores
$1250 covers accommodations and utilities costs and food.
$1500 if you require a pick up and drop off from san Diego airport.
What you can expect:
one day off a week
one session of your choice with Sara a week
trail riding bare back and bitless with Sara if you are under 175lbs
accommodations and food
If after reading all the above you are still interested please fill in the form below and Sara wil schedule an interview.